Friday, June 6, 2014

My anchor holds




God is sovereign. Websters Dictionary defines sovereign as a person who has supreme power and authority. The eight firefighters and paramedics left the door ajar, and fifteen minutes turned into eternity. The silence in the house was deafening as I gathered my things to race to the hospital.
“God be with my husband, be with me ,give me strength.” As I said this prayer two things came to mind. First that God is sovereign , so he is in control of this situation. The second that He had been preparing me for this. Over a month ago during a time of fellowship God begin to teach me about hope.
The on- line dictionary defines hope : a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
I saw hope as my boat floating on life and life as the water. Life is not always smooth sailing. There are times when you have to drop anchor.
This is what God spoke to my heart. We can anchor our hope in three places faith, fear, or the middle ground that space between faith and fear . Hope anchored in fear leads to hopelessness. Merriam Websters defines fear: an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger. If I anchor my hope in fear it will not hold. My emotions will take over and I will make poor choices that lead to more fear. The bible tells us in 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind. I will not anchor my hope in fear, next there is the middle ground that space between fear and faith.
Hope anchored in the middle ground between fear and faith leads to false hope. The free on-line dictionary defines false: contrary to fact or truth: deliberately untrue. If I anchor my hope in the middle ground it will not hold. I will drop anchor one minute by faith believing that it will hold. Then in the next minute I will pull it up out of fear that it will not hold. The bible says in James 1:8 A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways. I will not anchor my hope in the middle ground, the final option is faith. Hope anchored in faith leads to substance. The bible says in Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.
If I anchor my hope in faith it will hold. Because now it is no longer about me . Jesus becomes the anchor. Hallelujah. I will anchor my hope in faith. If I anchor my hope in faith ,I can trust that God in His sovereignty ,is working all things together for my good.
Where do you anchor your hope? Let the love of God always find your hope anchored in faith.

4 comments:

  1. Good word Venus. The beginning grabbed me. Praying for you and Randy. The blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you my Sweet Sister. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Be blessed.

      Delete
  2. I like how this progresses...showing the options of where one can drop anchor and the the process of choosing faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you for your feedback. I pray that as we do life together, we will help each other overcome. In Jesus name. Be blessed.

      Delete