Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bitter Waters


                                   

Hebrews 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Yesterday I found myself in an emotional battle between hatred and forgiveness. I cried out to God for help, please protect my heart from hatred. Before I became a Christian I was full of hatred and a unwillingness to forgive. As God healed the hurts in my life I learned to love and forgive.Why was it a struggle now?
God did not answer me right away, maybe he expected me to know what to do. I begin to think of all the life lessons I experienced recently. I was franticly searching my mental life lessons log, nothing came to mind. God this is a new one and I am going down, please help me.
I was surrounded by people and could not get alone with God to cry out. I am sure a few people thought I had lost my mind. And one women asked “Honey are you OK?” “No, I need God to keeping me from hating these people.” God got my attention by her reply “Me too Honey, and I am not a hateful person.” It was time for a prayer meeting, We bowed our heads and prayed.
The Lord spoke to my spirit “ Do not let hatred conceive in bitter waters, let love abound.”
The scripture that came to mind was John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
                                               

                   

I believe the Lord was telling me that the living water in me was bitter, with hatred trying to increase. But the Lord gave me a way of escape. Hallelujah. He said “Let love abound.” Not my love towards these people, but His love for them.
He asked me “Did I die on the cross for them?” Yes, Lord. “Was it enough to cover their behavior?” Yes, Lord.
I released them to the Lord, He paid the price for their life. I agreed with the Lord let your love abound in this situation right now. It did not turn out the way I wanted it to. However I turned out the way the Lord wanted me to.
Are you faced with a difficult situation in your life that has caused bitter waters ? Trust in the Lord my dear friend and let His love abound. 
Be Blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment