Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Got Faith?

Sure as the Sun rises in the east and sets in the west. God plans are sure for your life. If that takes you back a step. Don't worry, no judgment here. There are only a few people who become Christians today and seem to be walking by faith tomorrow. For the majority of us, it is a process. That process general looks different for all of us. The bible says work out your own soul salvation with fear and trembling.(Philippians 2:12-13) This is awesome considering we all have had different life circumstances. Even when our poor choices land us in the same place, we may not have taken the same route to get there.
For me the process started with changing the look on my face. I was so full of anger and unforgiveness I made Attila the Hun look like a prom queen. The love I received by accepting Jesus as my Savior put a smile on my face. With the smile came a new attitude.
God knocked the chip off my shoulder. This made it easier to build relationships with others. Being a lone ranger is for the birds. The bible says that the Shepard leaves the ninety-nine for the one.(Matthew 18:12) Praise God. If a sheep is alone without a Shepard or a flock they are easy pray for the predator. That is true for people too. When we separate ourselves from other believers, doubt, fear and unbelief can settle in our hearts.
Attending a bible study class or a small group in a grate way to build your relationship with God and others. For me bible study and Sunday school was a wonderful place to learn and ask questions. It also encouraged me to study at home so that I could participate in discussions.
So was I ready to accept the fact that God had a plan for my life? Nope. The bible says that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. O.K. What does that mean to me? To me it was putting my trust in God to take care of my life. That was a problem. My life circumstances had taught me not to trust anyone. Could I trust God? The scripture that I was lead to was Proverbs 3:5-8  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes fear the Lord and depart from evil it will be healthy to you navel and marrow to your bones. I memorized this scripture and with all my heart I started to believe it.
My faith started to bloom like a flower starting to bud. When life gets hard doubt,fear and unbelief wait in the shadows for me to separate myself from the fold. I remember Proverbs 3:5-8 and stay close to God.
Do you know someone who needs your help building their faith?

2 comments:

  1. What a powerful testimony you have Miss Venus!! When we simply put our trust and faith in Jesus, awesome things happen!! You are an awesome lady, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth. So happy to have you in my life. You are a great example of God's love.

    ReplyDelete